Normandy: Camembert and the WW2 D-Day
Gastronomy and history are combined in this tour
WHAT BRINGS US HERE
Normandy is immense and generous. You can visit in one day countless landscapes with several animals and lots of green. Magnificent beaches with limestone cliffs and a strong local gastronomy are the main features of this region.
Its proximity to Paris makes Normandy an excellent destination for a few days’ getaway. Besides being a great destination for traveling with family.
Cheese, apple pies, cider, calvados, caramel, seafood, are just some of the products that represent the wealth of this region that has in the episode of the Allied landing on its beaches souvenirs that changed the history of the world forever.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
We will participate in the elaboration of the most famous local products: cheeses, ciders, calvados, caramels.
We will visit the beaches and the museum which tells the story of the landing of the allies in Normandy.
We will visit farms, artisan producers, we will take a cooking class and we will eat in restaurants with menus elaborated with local products and by the season.
We will combine a moment of well-being in the countryside with the observation of the French gastronomic and historical patrimony.
THIS TOUR INCLUDES
– Research, planning and reservations of activities and restaurants
– Cooking class
– Gastronomic visits: the cellar of cheese, cider, calvados and factories of biscuits and caramels
– Entrance to the museum of the Normandy landing
WHAT CAN BE INCLUDED
– Lunch and dinner
– Transportation to and from Paris (car or train)
– Personal driver
– Guide specialized in Enology and Gastronomy
– Hotel reservation
– Additional activities and personalized tours