Versailles and Sun King’s Vegetable Garden
A gastronomic tour of the city of Versailles
WHAT BRINGS US HERE
Few people know but Louis XIV, who was a great gastronome, created in the gardens of the Château de Versailles a vegetable garden worthy of a king who had changed French cuisine forever. To this garden is credited great advances in the techniques of creating 300 more varieties of fruits, vegetables and greens that grew all the year and were served in the king’s table.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
We started our gastronomic adventure with a typical French breakfast and then we walked on our way to the king’s garden. We will know its roots, its microclimates and its importance in the history of French cuisine.
We continue our journey through the streets of Versailles and make a visit to the market. Established in November 1634 the Versailles market is one of the oldest and most traditional in France. Our experience ends around 1pm, a restaurant will be booked for lunch and then you will have all afternoon to visit the city and the castle.
THIS TOUR INCLUDES
– Breakfast in one of the best and most traditional Boulangeries of Versailles
– Round-trip Paris-Versailles (RER or Train)
– Entrance and guided tour in Horta of King Louis XIV
– Visit to the oldest market in the city
CAN BE INCLUDED
– Car with driver
– Lunch with guide
– Pic Nic in the castle gardens
– Tickets for the Chateaux de Versailles
– Guided tour of the castle