A Day in Champagne: Famous Maisons and Small Producers
Leaving from Paris, discover the noblest wine region in France
WHAT BRINGS US HERE
The Champagne region is just 150 km from Paris. This convenient proximity allows you to go on a day trip from the capital and deepen your knowledge about the world’s most celebrated sparkling wine. Find out more about its history, visit its celebrated maisons and dive into the lives of small producers.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Meet your guide, a French wine expert, in the morning, and travel together in a private vehicle, with destination to Reims, the capital of the Champagne region.
In Reims, you will be doing the first champagne tasting in one of the world-famous Champagne houses such as Moët & Chandon, Pommery, Taittinger, Mumm, Mercier or Verve Clicquot (depending on schedule), where you will learn more about the history of champagne, the grapes used for champagne and the winemaking process.
We will then visit the fabulous cathedral of Notre-Dame-de-Reims, which began to be built in 1211 and took 65 years to complete. Several French kings were crowned in this stunning cathedral.
After lunch, you’ll take the famous “Champagne Road” for a beautiful journey around the Champagne countryside and stop in the middle of the vineyards where your guide will explain more about the terroirs, the vineyards, and the meaning of organic and natural wines.
On the way, you will meet an authentic family winemaker for the second champagne tasting of the day, with at least 3 champagnes to be tasted, all entirely produced by them, from the grapes to the wine.
We finishe our day in the beautiful city of Epernay, with a last visit and tasting of a established maison, before returning to Paris with an expected arrival around 7pm.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
– Transport from Paris* (return), we leave at 7am and return to the center of Paris around 7pm
– A a guide expert in French wine, who will teach you all the secrets of Champagne and its region
– Visit and tastings in wineries carefully selected by your wine expert
– Visit to the main historical points of the region
* The tour is also available from the city of Reims or Epernay
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
– Private tours and bespoke visits (on request)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
– Itinerant Wine Course / Tasting: Understanding French Wines
– Itinerant Wine Course / Tasting: The Natural Wine
– The Natural Wine of the Loire Valley