Visit to Champagne with a Sommelier
Leaving from Paris, discover the noblest wine region in France
WHAT BRINGS US HERE
The Champagne region is just 150 km from Paris. This convenient proximity allows you to go on a day trip from the capital and deepen your knowledge about the world’s most celebrated sparkling wine. Find out more about its history, visit its celebrated maisons and dive into the lives of small producers.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Meet your guide sommelier in the morning, and travel together in a private vehicle, with destination to Reims, the capital of the Champagne region, to visit its extraordinary cathedral.
In Reims, you will be doing the first champagne tasting in one of the world-famous Champagne houses such as Moët & Chandon, Pommery, Taittinger, Mumm, Mercier or Verve Clicquot (depending on schedule). After this first tasting you will visit the reputed chalk caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you will learn more about the history of champagne, the grapes used for champagne and the winemaking process.
Your certified guide and sommelier will guide you through the Champagne vineyards to the charming village of Dom Perignon, Hautvillers, where you will learn more about its history and anecdotes.
You will have lunch in a fabulous countryside restaurant (not included in the price), where your sommelier will continue sharing with you his knowledge about the region and its wines.
After lunch you will take the famous “Champagne Road” for a beautiful trip around the Champagne countryside and stop in the middle of the vineyards where your sommelier will explain more about the terroirs, the vineyards, and the differences between the various winemaking processes.
Finally, you will meet an authentic family winemaker for the second and last champagne tasting of the day, with at least 3 tastings of hand-crafted champagnes.
The arrival in Paris will be around 7pm.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
– Transport from Paris* (return), we leave at 7am and return to the center of Paris around 7pm
– A highly qualified sommelier, passionate about history who will teach you all the secrets of Champagne and its region
– Visit and tastings in wineries carefully selected by your sommelier
– Visit to the main historical points of the region
* The tour is also available from the city of Reims
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
– Lunch (your sommelier will book and join you for lunch, but each person pays its bill separately)
– Private tours and bespoke visits (on request)